Connecting Cloud experts: Wolken Collective
Today we launch a new project to connect Cloud experts all around the world. We are building a network of independent consultants and engineers engaged in the Cloud industry.
Wolken Collective is a closed network of Cloud experts. We will meet the first time at AWS re:Invent 2016 in Las Vegas. We will send out the initial invites in the coming days. From there on, the collective will add new members based on consensus decision-making.
Level up, strengthen your AWS skills.
Our book Amazon Web Services in Action is a comprehensive introduction to computing, storing, and networking in the AWS cloud. You'll find clear, relevant coverage of all the essential AWS services, emphasizing best practices for security, high availability, and scalability. Get the first chapter for free!
A group of Cloud experts is more powerful than a single Cloud expert. We support independent professionals in the Cloud industry to attract and deliver excellent projects by working together in a collective.
- Diversity: We appreciate differences and leverage them.
- Consensus: We come to a decision if everyone agrees.
- Cooperation: We work together, share knowledge and experience.
- Expertise: We value skills, and help each other to improve them.
- We hangout every week to talk about our projects and new technologies.
- We help each other with our project work.
- When forwarding project work, the commission and client rate is transparent to all parties involved. The collective earns nothing.
- We create a network of Cloud experts by invitation only.
Wolken is the German word for clouds. A collective is a group of people that share a common interest and work together to achieve a common objective. Collectives are not primarily focused upon an economic benefit.