Rapid Docker on AWS out now
As a developer or DevOps engineer, you want to focus on shipping great experiences to your customers. Therefore, we have designed a fast and easy way to bundle your application into Docker containers and run them on Amazon’s worldwide infrastructure in a highly available and scalable manner.
Today, we launch our new learning experience Rapid Docker on AWS. We created a short video to show you how it works.
We want to thank Andrew Clark for editing and Philipp Garbe for writing a benevolent foreword. Thanks to all the early birds, who bought the eBook long before we completed all chapters and examples. Thanks for spreading the word!
Experience Rapid Docker on AWS in two ways: Get the eBook with examples if you prefer to learn in self-study. Want to learn together with others? Join us for a 4-week Online Seminar.
We experienced it ourselves countless times: Learning a new topic is exhausting, and very often, we break off. Our online seminar is different: it won’t let you fall behind.
Become a Docker on AWS professional!
Our book Rapid Docker on AWS is designed for DevOps engineers and web developers who want to run dockerized web applications on AWS. We lead you with many examples: From dockerizing your application to Continuous Deployment and Infrastructure as Code on AWS. No prior knowledge of Docker and AWS is required. Get the first chapter for free!
- You start with up to 20 like-minded people. You all have a common goal: Learn to run Docker workloads on AWS.
- The seminar is time-boxed to 4 weeks - no time to procrastinate.
- Videos and screencasts are released regularly to explain new concepts, show pitfalls, and explain options.
- Weekly Q&A sessions with Andreas, Michael, and the learning group keep all learners on track.
- Interact with your cohort at any time via the private discussion board.
The upcoming seminar starts on November 4th.
The eBook is structured into the following chapters:
- Introducing the highly available, scalable, and cost-effective architecture
- Benefits of the architecture
- Overview of the architecture
- Preparing your machine
- Launching the demo infrastructure and application
- Dockerizing and spinning up your web application
- Getting started with Docker
- Building the Docker images for your web application
- Testing your web application locally
- Pushing your Docker image to the Amazon ECR registry
- Launching your web application
- Mastering the building blocks of the cloud infrastructure
- Managing your stack with infrastructure as code: AWS CloudFormation
- Load-balancing requests to your containers: Amazon ALB
- Managing and running your containers: ECS and Fargate
- Configuring a custom domain name and HTTPS: Route 53 and Certificate Manager
- Storing and querying your data: RDS Aurora Serverless
- Monitoring and debugging: CloudWatch
- Running scheduled jobs (cron) in the background
- Deploying your source code and infrastructure continuously
- Versioning your source code with Git: AWS CodeCommit
- Setting up a deployment pipeline: AWS CodeBuild
Download the free reading sample
Launch promotion: buy until October 31st, and you will get a voucher for another eBook to give away.