AWS Weekly 2016-25
A quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
Monday, June 20
- AWS announced EC2 is now supporting SQL Server 2016.
- AWS Blog published a guest post: Zynga Gets in the Game with Amazon Aurora.
- Software Engineering Daily is discussing Serverless Code.
Tuesday, June 21
- AWS Blog announced EBS is supporting cross-account copying of encrypted snapshots now.
- AWS Security announced their new Twitter handle @AWSSecurityInfo.
- APN Blog presented the quick start for Docker Datacenter (DDC).
Wednesday, June 22
- AWS announced OpsWorks supports CentOS 7.
- AWS is offering self-service for Direct Connect LOAs.
- AWS added failed action retry to CodePipeline.
- AWS announced IAM is offering service last accessed data in South America (Sao Paulo) and Asia Pacific (Seoul).
- Serverless Code argued Docker isn’t serverless.
Thursday, June 23
- AWS announced Trusted Advisor supports filtering results by resource tags.
- AWS announced AWS CodePipeline Available in EU (Ireland) Region
- AWS introduced SAML identity providers for Cognito.
- AWS announced AWS Lambda and API Gateway are available in Asia Pacific (Sydney).
- AWS released NAT Gateway in Asia Pacific (Seoul).
- AWS Compute Blog explained Content Replication Using AWS Lambda and Amazon S3.
- AWS opened public registration for re:Invent in Las Vegas.
Friday, June 24
- AWS increased root volume capacity from 60 to 80 GB for WorkSpaces.
- Cloud Academy Blog explained How Does Cloud Computing Work?
- Serveless Zone is collecting serverless stories from the community.
Please send me your favorite news and articles from AWS universe for our AWS Weekly!