AWS Weekly 2016-25
A quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
Please support our work!
We have published 327 articles, 41 podcast episodes, and 15 videos. It's all free and means a lot of work in our spare time.
Thanks to Alan Leech, Alex DeBrie, e9e4e5f0faef, Goran Opacic, jhoadley, Shawn Tolidano, Thorsten Hoeger, Todd Valentine, Vince Fulco, and all anonymous supporters for your help! We also want to thank all supporters who purchased a cloudonaut t-shirt. It gives us great pleasure to send our t-shirts all over the world.
With your help, we can continue to produce independent & high-quality content focused on AWS. Please support us!Support us
- AWS announced EC2 is now supporting SQL Server 2016.
- AWS Blog published a guest post: Zynga Gets in the Game with Amazon Aurora.
- Software Engineering Daily is discussing Serverless Code.
- AWS Blog announced EBS is supporting cross-account copying of encrypted snapshots now.
- AWS Security announced their new Twitter handle @AWSSecurityInfo.
- APN Blog presented the quick start for Docker Datacenter (DDC).
- AWS announced OpsWorks supports CentOS 7.
- AWS is offering self-service for Direct Connect LOAs.
- AWS added failed action retry to CodePipeline.
- AWS announced IAM is offering service last accessed data in South America (Sao Paulo) and Asia Pacific (Seoul).
- Serverless Code argued Docker isn’t serverless.
- AWS announced Trusted Advisor supports filtering results by resource tags.
- AWS announced AWS CodePipeline Available in EU (Ireland) Region
- AWS introduced SAML identity providers for Cognito.
- AWS announced AWS Lambda and API Gateway are available in Asia Pacific (Sydney).
- AWS released NAT Gateway in Asia Pacific (Seoul).
- AWS Compute Blog explained Content Replication Using AWS Lambda and Amazon S3.
- AWS opened public registration for re:Invent in Las Vegas.
- AWS increased root volume capacity from 60 to 80 GB for WorkSpaces.
- Cloud Academy Blog explained How Does Cloud Computing Work?
- Cloud Zone published a step-by-step guide to getting Elasticsearch configured on EC2.
- Serveless Zone is collecting serverless stories from the community.
Please send me your favorite news and articles from AWS universe for our AWS Weekly!