AWS Weekly 2016-30
A quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
Please support our work!
We have published 328 articles, 41 podcast episodes, and 15 videos. It's all free and means a lot of work in our spare time.
Thanks to Alan Leech, Alex DeBrie, e9e4e5f0faef, Goran Opacic, jhoadley, Shawn Tolidano, Thorsten Hoeger, Todd Valentine, Vince Fulco, and all anonymous supporters for your help! We also want to thank all supporters who purchased a cloudonaut t-shirt. It gives us great pleasure to send our t-shirts all over the world.
With your help, we can continue to produce independent & high-quality content focused on AWS. Please support us!Support us
- Service expansion: API Gateway & AWS Lambda is now available in Asia Pacific (Singapore) Snowball is now available in EU (Frankfurt) region.
- Start and stop EC2 Instances based on tags: Creating an Enterprise Scheduler Using AWS Lambda and Tagging
- Developer Support plan price cut: Now starting at Math.max($29, 3% of monthly AWS spend) / month
- Amazon Elasticsearch Service now supports Elasticsearch 2.3
- Amazon RDS for SQL Server now supports SQL Server Native Backup/Restore with S3
Please send me your favorite news and articles from AWS universe for our AWS Weekly!