AWS Weekly 2016-33
A quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
Looking for a new challenge?
- Authorizing everything: Ben Rady (Author of Serverless Single Page Apps, Pragmatic Bookshelf) published The Real Revolution of Serverless is Auth, Not Microservices
- Controlling containers: ECS supports Networking Modes and Memory Reservation now
- Expanding service availability: EC2 Container Registry now available in US West (N. California), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Sydney), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), and EU (Frankfurt)
- Reducing latencies and increasing fault tolerance: AWS OpsWorks adds endpoints in the same region as your stack
- Talking serverless: Forrest Brazeal published an Interview with Florian Motlik from the Serverless Framework
- Mapping objects: AWS announced a data mapping abstraction for DynamoDB written in Ruby called aws-record
- Organizing resources: AWS increased the limit of tags per resource from 10 to 50
- Refreshing network basics: APN Blog is giving an introduction to AWS Networking for Developers
- Planning for DDoS: AWS updated the AWS Best Practices for DDoS
- Resolving names: AWS Compute Blog explains how to setup a secondary DNS in a VPC using Lambda and Private Hosted Zones
- Comparing costs: trek10 compares Lambda Pricing in Context
- Monitoring scaling infrastructures: AWS announced free and enhanced CloudWatch metrics for Auto Scaling Groups
- Analyzing your AWS bill: AWS announced ability to upload billing data directly to Redshift and QuickSight
- Expanding service availability: AWS Config is available in Asia Pacific (Singapore) and Asia Pacific (Sydney) now
- Ensuring connectivity: AWS Trusted Advisor adds checks to verify HA for Direct Connect
- Renting a virtual desktop for a short time: AWS announced Hourly pricing model for AWS WorkSpaces
- Advancing load balancing: AWS DevOps Blog introduces the Application Load Balancer
- Writing IAM Policies is hard: we announced our Complate IAM Reference
- Going serverless: TJ Holowaychuk has noted Do’s and Don’ts of AWS Lambda
- Setting up Continuous Delivery: we announced our CloudFormation template containing a Jenkins environment
Please send me your favorite news and articles from AWS universe for our AWS Weekly!