This year’s re:Invent is over. 19,000 attendees are traveling back home. AWS announced tons of new features and services. We summarized the keynotes from day 1 and day 2 at re:Invent 2015 in Las Vegas.
My wishlist still contains many items
- Replacement for NAT instances to access the Internet from private subnets. Why?
- Invoking Lambda functions from SQS to be able to handle huge spikes in workload without being throttled.
- IPv6 support for all services because it is 2015.
- Deeper validation of CloudFormation templates before CREATE or UPDATE. I’m wasting a lot of time when developing templates.
- HTTP 2.0 for ELB and CloudFront because performance is king.