AWS Weekly 2016-27
A quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
Hej, Andreas & Michael here!
We launched the cloudonaut blog in 2015. Since then, we have published 321 articles: small tips and tricks, best practices, and service reviews. We enjoy writing about all things AWS a lot.
Do you like our blog posts and podcast episodes? Have you learned something new? Consider supporting us create in-depth and independent AWS content. Please help us with a monthly or one-time payment through GitHub Sponsors.Start supporting us today!
- Selling software: AWS Marketplace supports ISV sellers based in the EU.
- Adding a manual approval to your deployment pipeline: AWS announced manual approval actions for CodePipeline.
- Ensuring encryption: AWS Security Blog explains
How to Prevent Uploads of Unencrypted Objects to Amazon S3.
- Building a cloud-native URL shortener: AWS Compute blog shows how to implement a URL shortener based on Lambda, API Gateway, S3, and CloudFront..
- Managing compliance rules: AWS DevOps Blog explains
How to Centrally Manage AWS Config Rules across Multiple AWS Accounts.
- Traveling to the past: AWS announces integration between CloudTrail and Config allowing you to access historical state of resources linked to CloudTrail event.
- Cleaning up Config recorder: AWS adds the possibility to delete configuration recorders by using the CLI or SDK.
- Running a CI system on Lambda: Michael Hart released LambCI, a serverless build system.
- Connecting your IoT devices with IoT Gateway: AWS released Device SDKs for Python and Java.
- Setting up a modular and scalable networking environment: AWS announces a new Quick Start for VPC.
- Defining your multi-container environment with Docker Compose: ECS adds support for Docker Compose (v2) via CLI.
- Converting media files: Cloud Academy blogs explains what you can achieve with Elastic Transcoder.
- Invalidating your DynamoDB cache: we have written about serverless cache invalidation with DynamoDB Streams, Lambda, and ElastiCache.
Please send me your favorite news and articles from AWS universe for our AWS Weekly!