AWS Weekly 2016-27
A quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
Staying ahead of the game with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a challenge. Our weekly videos and online events provide independent insights into the world of cloud. Subscribe to cloudonaut plus to get access to our exclusive videos and online events.Subscribe now!
- Selling software: AWS Marketplace supports ISV sellers based in the EU.
- Adding a manual approval to your deployment pipeline: AWS announced manual approval actions for CodePipeline.
- Ensuring encryption: AWS Security Blog explains
How to Prevent Uploads of Unencrypted Objects to Amazon S3.
- Building a cloud-native URL shortener: AWS Compute blog shows how to implement a URL shortener based on Lambda, API Gateway, S3, and CloudFront..
- Managing compliance rules: AWS DevOps Blog explains
How to Centrally Manage AWS Config Rules across Multiple AWS Accounts.
- Traveling to the past: AWS announces integration between CloudTrail and Config allowing you to access historical state of resources linked to CloudTrail event.
- Cleaning up Config recorder: AWS adds the possibility to delete configuration recorders by using the CLI or SDK.
- Running a CI system on Lambda: Michael Hart released LambCI, a serverless build system.
- Connecting your IoT devices with IoT Gateway: AWS released Device SDKs for Python and Java.
- Setting up a modular and scalable networking environment: AWS announces a new Quick Start for VPC.
- Defining your multi-container environment with Docker Compose: ECS adds support for Docker Compose (v2) via CLI.
- Converting media files: Cloud Academy blogs explains what you can achieve with Elastic Transcoder.
- Invalidating your DynamoDB cache: we have written about serverless cache invalidation with DynamoDB Streams, Lambda, and ElastiCache.
Please send me your favorite news and articles from AWS universe for our AWS Weekly!