AWS Weekly 2016-27
A quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
Please support our work!
We have published 327 articles, 41 podcast episodes, and 15 videos. It's all free and means a lot of work in our spare time.
Thanks to Alex DeBrie, e9e4e5f0faef, Goran Opacic, jhoadley, Thorsten Hoeger, Todd Valentine, Vince Fulco, and all anonymous supporters for your help! We also want to thank all supporters who purchased a cloudonaut t-shirt. It gives us great pleasure to send our t-shirts all over the world.
With your help, we can continue to produce independent & high-quality content focused on AWS. Please support us!Support us
- Selling software: AWS Marketplace supports ISV sellers based in the EU.
- Adding a manual approval to your deployment pipeline: AWS announced manual approval actions for CodePipeline.
- Ensuring encryption: AWS Security Blog explains
How to Prevent Uploads of Unencrypted Objects to Amazon S3.
- Building a cloud-native URL shortener: AWS Compute blog shows how to implement a URL shortener based on Lambda, API Gateway, S3, and CloudFront..
- Managing compliance rules: AWS DevOps Blog explains
How to Centrally Manage AWS Config Rules across Multiple AWS Accounts.
- Traveling to the past: AWS announces integration between CloudTrail and Config allowing you to access historical state of resources linked to CloudTrail event.
- Cleaning up Config recorder: AWS adds the possibility to delete configuration recorders by using the CLI or SDK.
- Running a CI system on Lambda: Michael Hart released LambCI, a serverless build system.
- Connecting your IoT devices with IoT Gateway: AWS released Device SDKs for Python and Java.
- Setting up a modular and scalable networking environment: AWS announces a new Quick Start for VPC.
- Defining your multi-container environment with Docker Compose: ECS adds support for Docker Compose (v2) via CLI.
- Converting media files: Cloud Academy blogs explains what you can achieve with Elastic Transcoder.
- Invalidating your DynamoDB cache: we have written about serverless cache invalidation with DynamoDB Streams, Lambda, and ElastiCache.
Please send me your favorite news and articles from AWS universe for our AWS Weekly!