AWS Weekly 2016-28
A quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
- Allocating costs: AWS Directory Service supporting tags.
- Developing serverless applications with Python: AWS has released a developer preview of chalice, the Python Serverless Microframework.
- Restricting access to S3 bucket: AWS Security Blog about restricting S3 access to a specific IAM role.
- Automating AWS WAF configuration: AWS Security Blog explains how to use CloudFormation to deploy WAF configuration.
- Querying AWS resources: Binh Le published aq, a tool to query AWS resources with SQL.
- Securing ECS: AWS announced IAM roles for ECS tasks.
- Migrating a database to the cloud: AWS Database Migration Service with continuous data replication.
- Selling algorithms in a Function-as-a-Service world: Serverless Code published an interview with Diego M. Oppenheimer from Algorithmia.
- Forwarding Inspector findings to ticketing system: AWS Blog wrote about forwarding warnings about your AWS infrastructure to your ticketing system by using a smart Lambda function.
- Approving deployments: Paul Duvall showed how to automate CodePipeline Manual Approvals in CloudFormation.
- Overcome Serverless limitations: Using Data Streaming to extract, transform, and load data in chunks.
- Add a retention policy to all your CloudWatch Log Groups: AWS Community Hero Onur ŞALK demonstrates a solution using the AWS CLI
- No significant news.
Please send me your favorite news and articles from AWS universe for our AWS Weekly!