AWS Weekly 2016-28
A quick summary of what happened in the AWS universe last week.
Please support our work!
We have published 327 articles, 41 podcast episodes, and 15 videos. It's all free and means a lot of work in our spare time.
Thanks to Alex DeBrie, e9e4e5f0faef, Goran Opacic, jhoadley, Thorsten Hoeger, Todd Valentine, Vince Fulco, and all anonymous supporters for your help! We also want to thank all supporters who purchased a cloudonaut t-shirt. It gives us great pleasure to send our t-shirts all over the world.
With your help, we can continue to produce independent & high-quality content focused on AWS. Please support us!Support us
- Allocating costs: AWS Directory Service supporting tags.
- Developing serverless applications with Python: AWS has released a developer preview of chalice, the Python Serverless Microframework.
- Getting started with Docker on AWS: Arun Gupta explains how to get started with Docker for AWS.
- Restricting access to S3 bucket: AWS Security Blog about restricting S3 access to a specific IAM role.
- Automating AWS WAF configuration: AWS Security Blog explains how to use CloudFormation to deploy WAF configuration.
- Querying AWS resources: Binh Le published aq, a tool to query AWS resources with SQL.
- Securing ECS: AWS announced IAM roles for ECS tasks.
- Migrating a database to the cloud: AWS Database Migration Service with continuous data replication.
- Selling algorithms in a Function-as-a-Service world: Serverless Code published an interview with Diego M. Oppenheimer from Algorithmia.
- Forwarding Inspector findings to ticketing system: AWS Blog wrote about forwarding warnings about your AWS infrastructure to your ticketing system by using a smart Lambda function.
- Approving deployments: Paul Duvall showed how to automate CodePipeline Manual Approvals in CloudFormation.
- Overcome Serverless limitations: Using Data Streaming to extract, transform, and load data in chunks.
- Add a retention policy to all your CloudWatch Log Groups: AWS Community Hero Onur ŞALK demonstrates a solution using the AWS CLI
- No significant news.
Please send me your favorite news and articles from AWS universe for our AWS Weekly!