A Deep Dive into AWS CloudTrail
Who made changes to sensitive parts of your cloud infrastructure? Capture audit logs with AWS CloudTrail. Learn how to analyze the audit logs with the help of CloudWatch Logs Insights or Athena. On top of that, we discuss how to rollout CloudTrail to all AWS accounts belonging to your organization. Last but not least, you will learn about the blind spots and how to avoid extensive costs.
What to expect from the video?
- Demo: Querying audit logs with CloudWatch
- Demo: Querying audit logs with Athena
- Best practices for configuring CloudTrail (multi-account)
- About blind spots: S3, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, …
- About extensive costs: data events are expensive
- Demo: Real-time alerts (CIS AWS Foundations)
Enjoy the video!
Already a cloudonaut plus subscriber? Watch the full video and join the discussion.
Capturing and storing audit logs is only half of the job. It would be best if you were capable of analyzing the logs as well. Here are some examples of queries for CloudWatch Logs Insights.
fields @timestamp, @message
Besides that, Athena offers a powerful way to search through audit logs captured by CloudTrail as well.