2016 in Review: Thank You!
The year 2016 is coming to an end. We’d like to look back on the past year together with you. Thank you for reading our blog, sharing our work, and giving valuable feedback. It was a pleasure to be part of an inspiring community.
What was going on at cloudonaut.io in 2016?
- 240,000 pages viewed
- 112,500 people visiting the site
- 72 articles published
- 45,500 written words
The following articles have been read the most in 2016.
- 5 AWS mistakes you should avoid
- Create a serverless RESTful API with API Gateway, Swagger, Lambda, and DynamoDB
- WordPress on AWS: smooth and pain-free
- Integrate SQS and Lambda: serverless architecture for asynchronous workloads
- Serverless image resizing at any scale
- The Life of a Serverless Microservice on AWS
- Manage AWS EC2 SSH access with IAM
- 3 simple ways of saving up to 90% of EC2 costs
- Create a serverless RESTful API with API Gateway, CloudFormation, Lambda, and DynamoDB
- 6 tips and tricks for AWS command-line ninjas
A few projects we have been working on, beside our consulting business.
Hej, Andreas & Michael here!
We launched the cloudonaut blog in 2015. Since then, we have published 325 articles: small tips and tricks, best practices, and service reviews. We enjoy writing about all things AWS a lot.
Do you like our blog posts and podcast episodes? Have you learned something new? Consider supporting us create in-depth and independent AWS content. Please help us with a monthly or one-time payment through GitHub Sponsors.Start supporting us today!
- marbot - Forward alerts from Amazon Web Services to your DevOps team via Slack.
- wolken.co - Connecting cloud experts.
- S3 Virus Scan - Antivirus for S3 buckets.
- AWS CloudFormation templates - Free Templates for AWS CloudFormation.
- Improve Security (Groups) using VPC Flow Logs & AWS Config
- Complete AWS IAM Reference - Summed up information from the AWS Documentation to make writing IAM policies easier.
We do enjoy teaching. That’s why we have created three online trainings this year.
- Navigating the AWS Management Console (Pluralsight)
- Automating AWS with CloudFormation (Pluralsight)
- Deep Dive into Application Load Balancer (ALB) (A Cloud Guru)
Besides writing our blog we published the following in 2016.
Again, thank you for reading our blog and supporting us. We are looking forward to writing about AWS and working on exciting projects in 2017.
Wishing you a happy new year!