DNSSEC with Route 53: Protecting the core of the Internet
The Internet relies on DNS. This makes it all the more important to do everything possible to protect the global DNS infrastructure from attacks. Andreas explains how DNSSEC protects from DNS spoofing. During the demo you will learn how to enable DNSSEC for your domains by using Route 53.
What you will learn by watching the video and following the demo?
- Protect from DNS spoofing!
- What is DNSSEC?
- How to enable DNSSEC with Route 53?
- Pros and Cons of DNSSEC
Enjoy the video!
Already a cloudonaut plus subscriber? Watch the full video and join the discussion.
Why is DNSSEC important? Because, DNSSEC protects from the following attach, called DNS spoofing.
- Attacker injects DNS records into DNS server/resolver.
- User resolves domain name, DNS server responds with “wrong” IP address.
- User sends requests to “wrong” server.
- Attacker steals password, reads sensitive information, …
By the way,
cloudonaut.io is protected by DNSSEC already.